We are looking for an immediate, permanent and full-time position throughout Germany and in the UK for a
Solutions Architect (m/f/d)
with focus on Optical Networking
This Solutions Architect role is to provide Pre-Sales consultancy services to Xantaro’s customers. The Architect will be required to develop and maintain expertise on Service Provider network architectures and solutions, e.g. Core, Access & Aggregation. The main purpose of this role is to work with our customers and sales team to position and help sell the products, solutions and services of Xantaro and our technology partners into new and/or existing networks.
A Xantaro Solutions Architect provides guidance and leads technically in order to provide high-quality network design, service design, planning, engineering and implementation consulting services to the customer, to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and thereby increase potential business opportunities.
- Development of existing business fields including solution concepts in the area of Optical networking. Successful candidate will also have opportunity to work in the area of Fixed Access networks – xPON (GPON and XGS-PON)
- Key technology partner solutions from: Nokia and Infinera
- Support of sales team in positioning of products, solutions and services as well as in the acquisition of new customers, new projects and the further development of customer relationships
- Representation of the company internally and externally in committees, with customers and vendors as well as public events (conferences, conferences, trade fairs)
- Collaboration in the development of new solutions and service platforms
- Planning, execution and documentation of product and solution demonstrations in the XT³Lab
- Regular exchange of information with Sales, Professional & Advanced Services as well as the relevant technical contact persons at customers and vendors
- Active participation in the strategic-technical corporate development
- Regular education and training (internal and external)
Typical responsibilities will include
- Develop technical account strategies for major accounts
- Identification and development of new areas of business
- Support management in business planning
- Portfolio management
- Market analysis and Identification of customer requirements
- Solution development based on customer requirements
- Planning and execution of customer events & workshops
- Transfer-of-information (TOI) internal and external
- Technology-scouting and road-mapping
- Increasing brand awareness at customer & partner events
- Participation at trade shows and standardisation bodies
- Sales support (products, solutions, services)
- Collecting and communicating customer requirements
- Relationship building and management to customers and partners
- Answering customer requests
- Working with technical and sales resources of our partners as required
- Preparation of sales documents (BOMs, competitive positioning, technical concepts & designs etc.)
- Technical bid-support
- Competitive analysis
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong design experience
- Commitment to delivering a good customer experience
- Degree in Engineering/IT
- 5+ years experience in the telecommunications industry
- In-depth knowledge of optical networking (particularly WDM technologies – FOADM, ROADM, Raman/EDFA amplifiers, OCM, Coherent systems), telecommunication networks and network management
- Appreciation of Metro Ethernet, Carrier Ethernet and data-centric networks (IP/MPLS)
- Proven ability to work in a technical role including strong experience supporting service provider networks
- Experience in working with international companies
- Effective consultancy and planning skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
- Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- International travel mainly within Europe is a job requirement
- Key member of the Xantaro team contributing towards the next stage of the growth
- Consistent, personal and professional development
- Competitive Salary: negotiable, depending on experience, plus bonus, plus benefits
You have questions about this position or other inquiries about working at Xantaro?
Feel free to contact our HR department directly using the contact form below!
Fields marked with * are mandatory.
Find here further information regarding Data Protection.
Become part of our team!
Send us your application including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations directly via our application portal!
Of course, your documents will be transmitted to us here in encrypted form.
Or send us your documents including all details by e-mail.
Melina Marchl from our human resources department will be happy to answer your questions directly by phone at +49 (0)221 35558602.