We are looking in the UK (London) for a
Consulting Engineer (m/f/d) –
This is a technical role providing engineering services to Xantaro’s service provider customers. The consulting engineer will be required to maintain expertise on installation and deployed Service Provider network architectures and solutions, e.g., Access & Aggregation. The main purpose of this job is to work with Service Provider customers to ensure the smooth implementation and maintenance of installed solutions with integration of our technology partner products into new and/or existing networks.
A Xantaro Consulting Engineer provides guidance and leads technically in order to provide high quality network implementation, design, planning, engineering and consulting services to the customer, to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and thereby increase potential business opportunities.
- Working with Xantaro Technical Architects and Customers in technical workshops
- On customer deployments, work with Xantaro TAC to resolve engineering support issues
- Plan, manage and execute SOW/contract deliverables for Xantaro Professional Services offerings
- Delivering projects based on accepted high-level and low-level network designs
- Lab trials and field trials
- Design validation and verification testing
- Interoperability testing
- Network implementation planning
- Type Approval Testing for SW releases
- Writing of Method of Procedures (MOP) for technical activities
- Writing Test Plans for real scenario implementations
- Troubleshooting design related faults and diagnosing proof of concept installations
- Knowledge transfer to both internal and external customers
Work in a consultative manner with Customers and Technical Architects to deliver Professional Service projects. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Install, implement and handover access networks to Customers
- Support networks in early stages of deployment
- Assisting with handover of deployed projects to Xantaro’s TAC
- One third of the time will be spent working on 3rd level support escalations with Xantaro TAC for Customer related issues.
- Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce documentation based on validations and migration plans
- Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Xantaro’s Fixed Access vendor partner (Nokia)
- Ensure that Engineering aspects of all projects follow engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the appropriate project or program manager
- Act as a Consulting Engineering Services project leader on larger projects, co-ordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
- Provide appropriate training (knowledge transfer workshops) to Customers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Customer’s technical management and teams.
- Participation in workshops, discussions and meetings with Customer’s Design, Test and/or Engineering Teams
- Reviewing Customer provided (technical) information
- Providing input related to ‘best practices’ in design, implementation and/or migration planning, and validation & verification testing
- Providing Customers with input related to recommended configurations and parameter values for equipment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong implementation and support experience
- Commitment to delivering a good customer experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- In-depth knowledge of fixed access networking, particularly FTTx, GPON, OLT/ONT, SVLAN, CLVAN and trunking methods, telecommunication networks and network management
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet, Carrier Ethernet, data-centric networks (IP/MPLS) and Optical networks a real plus.
- Proven ability to work in a technical role including strong experience supporting service provider networks
- Experience in working with international companies
- Effective engineering and planning skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately
- Must be fluent in English language and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Key member of the Xantaro team contributing towards the next stage of the growth
- Consistent, personal and professional development
- Competitive Salary: negotiable, depending on experience, plus bonus, plus benefits
If you have any questions about this position or other inquiries about working at Xantaro, contact us using the contact form below!
Fields marked with * are mandatory.
Find here more about our data protection policy.
Join our successful team!
We are looking forward to your application by e-mail to:
For further information please call:
+44 (0)20 3857 2772