We are looking for an immediate, permanent and full-time position throughout Germany and in the UK for a
Consultant (Network Engineering) (m/f/d)
for Routing & Switching (Core- and Access-Networks) or Network Security
As a consultant, you generally support carrier and service providers as well as larger customers from the enterprise environment. The focus is on the creation of technical concepts (HLD, LLD, MoP) as well as on the implementation of projects – remote or on-site – and the documentation of the respective solution. You will also support our customers as requested in complex testing and troubleshooting sessions, provide advice and assistance as an expert to analyze and identify critical bottlenecks in the network, and create modern (re)designs of architectures and topologies for our customers.
with focus on Routing & Switching
- Core Networks:Your environment is characterized by complex network technologies, both in the global networking of cities, as well as between data center locations and IP fabrics within data centers. The technologies used are mostly based on IP/MPLS, BGP and EVPN/VxLAN.
- Access Networks:Your environment is characterized by exciting network technologies for connecting PoP and subscribers to the aggregation layer in the carrier environment or for networking systems and buildings in the enterprise environment. The technologies used are largely based on Nokia GPON, OSPF and other routing protocols, complex VLAN structures and modern WiFi solutions (e.g. Juniper MIST AI).
with focus on Network Security
- Your environment is characterized by complex and high-performance firewall technologies in the carrier area (GI firewalls, SecGateways), as well as modern security architectures in enterprise networks (next-generation firewalling, cloud security, remote access). In addition, there is a focus on defending against cybersecurity attacks in the area of DDoS in all customer segments.
- completed studies with a focus on ITC or training as an IT specialist
- Professional experience in the technical area at a carrier or service provider, network technology manufacturer or system integrator or in working with our partners (e.g. Juniper Networks, Cisco or Nokia, Fortinet, Netscout/Arbor)
…in network technologies and protocols (IP/MPLS, BGP, EVPN/VxLAN)
…or in technologies like Next-Generation Firewall, DDoS and Remote Access
…or in optical transmission technologies based on CWDM & DWDM
…or in the area of software automation e.g. with Ansible, Git, Jenkins
- good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- willingness to travel and/or driving license class B
- comprehensive onboarding in a collegial and service-oriented team with mentors and time for appropriate training
- responsible tasks with scope for creativity and action
- projects with the largest communications companies in the EU and Germany, among others
- short decision-making processes
- continuous training and the opportunity to learn from the best in the network industry
- flexible working hours and the option of mobile working
- company car
- employer-financed pension plan
- team events
- corporate Benefit Program
You have questions about this position or other inquiries about working at Xantaro?
Feel free to contact our HR department directly using the contact form below!
Fields marked with * are mandatory.
Find here further information regarding Data Protection.
Become part of our team!
Send us your application including the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations directly via our application portal!
Of course, your documents will be transmitted to us here in encrypted form.
Or send us your documents including all details by e-mail.
Melina Marchl from our human resources department will be happy to answer your questions directly by phone at +49 (0)221 35558602.